List of validated ELPs List of ELPs according to age groups
Since the Council of Europe launched the European Language Portfolio (ELP) in 2000, 95 ELP models from 29 CoE countries and 3 INGOs have been validated (spring 2008). In addition, a significant number of models are currently being planned or produced. To date, some 2.5 million copies of ELP models have been distributed. ELP implementation is a complex operation, but a large amount of experience and expertise has already been acquired.
Two ECML projects to support ELP implementation
In the second medium-term programme (2004 - 2007) of the European Centre for Modern Languages (ECML) in Graz, two projects aimed to support the implementation of the ELP in the member states of the Council of 'Europe:
IMPEL: ELP implementation support
The purpose of the IMPEL Project was to support the implementation of the European Language Portfolio (ELP) in Council of Europe member states by
- gathering and exchanging information on experiences in order to provide support for the day-to-day management of ELP implementation projects (at an operational level);
- devising planning, monitoring and feedback tools;
- initiating a cascading process by making these tools available to project managers at a central workshop, and
- disseminating information, expertise and experience in support of ongoing and future ELP implementation projects.
The website is intended for specialists taking on or prepared to take on responsibilities for the planning and/or monitoring of and/or drafting of reports on ELP implementation projects at different levels. It contains
ELP_TT: Training teachers to use the ELP
The purpose of the ELP_TT Project was to support the implementation of the European Language Portfolio (ELP) in Council of Europe member states by
- developing a kit of materials and activities for ELP-related teacher training
- mediating the materials and activities in a central workshop
- supporting national ELP training events arising from the central workshop
This website is intended for teacher trainers and teachers involved in the implementation of the ELP. It contains
- the materials used in the central workshop
- additional materials that were developed for some of the national training events
- reports on the training events
- papers/reports on ELP implementation
- reference documents relevant to ELP-related teacher training.